Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fresh vegetables for kids

I teach 4th grade, and am starting an afternoon garden club. I'd like to give students a survey about healthy eating - especially about vegetables they eat. This will be a pre and post survey to see if the garden activities affect their eating habits. Do you have any such surveys??
Thanks!

Answer
I'm afraid I don't have any surveys that I can give you, but I suggest you give the children some information about serving recommendations for fruit/vegetables (5 a day, here in the UK), and get them to keep a record for a period of time to see how many servings they are actually eating (for most, it will probably not be enough!). Then they could do the same things when you have grown some of your own vegetables.

You'll find information to help you on these pages:
Five a Day
Fruit and Vegetable Servings

Good luck with your project - it sounds like an excellent idea. If you'd like to share your results in due course, we'd love to hear about them - you can post them to the site here:
Healthy Eating Forums.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment