Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I’ll Make You Banana Pancakes

Happy Monday! Wait, isn’t that an oxymoron? I kid, I kid.

Although, weekend mornings are quite amazing… For instance, yesterday morning was all about relaxing. Isaac woke me up asking what I wanted for breakfast and for some reason I was really craving pancakes. This craving is quite atypical as I’m not a huge waffle and pancake fan so Isaac took full advantage of the situation and we had banana pancakes with eggs.

IMG_7859.JPG

Knowing that if Isaac was in charge we would be eating Bisquik shake n’ pour, I took the reigns and made whole wheat vegan pancakes for the two of us. Isaac was in charge of the eggs. ;)

IMG_7858.JPG

Do banana pancakes make anyone else think of Jack Johnson? I used to listen to his CD’s on repeat and not skip any of the songs. <3

In the banana pancake mix:

1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour1/2 cup whole wheat flour1 tablespoon organic sucanat (brown sugar)1 teaspoon baking powder1/4 teaspoon sea salt1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon1 cup almond milk1/2 ripe banana, mashed1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla beanbanana slices, for garnish

Prep:

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and then combine the two. Pour the batter on a medium heat griddle or in a skillet and cook until light brown on each side.

This batch was good, but the pancakes turned out quite dense and not as fluffy as I like (probably the whole wheat flour), but overall the flavor was amazing. Definitely satisfied my pancake craving!

While breakfast was delish, lunch was even better. I made Kristen Suzanne’s Kale-N-Rice from her latest book, EASY Raw Vegan Transition Recipes.

kale-n-rice.JPG

Marinated kale with cooked rice, dried apricots and sunflower seeds. I was a little shocked at how easy, versatile and tasty this recipe was. It does make perfect sense though- Kristen has never let me down in the recipe department. ;) I mean… have you TRIED her Cherry Chocolate Bomb Shake?!?

IMG_7861.JPG

The rest of the day incorporated meal planning (which I rarely do, but would like to do more of), football, a walk, beer brewing, a surprise roasted vegetable quesadilla from a friend, and the making of the most delicious creation known to (wo)man. I kid you not! I’ll be sure to share the details, but here’s a pretty big hint.

On that note, have a lovely MONDAY!

Tagged as: Banana Pancakes, Kale-N-Rice


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment